The National Physical Laboratory is the national measurement standards laboratory for the United Kingdom, based at Bushy Park in Teddington, London.
NPL employs over 500 scientists, based in south-west London. The laboratory is a 36000 m2 purpose-built measurement building with 388 of the world’s most extensive and sophisticated measurement science laboratories.
As part of a refurbishment of the National Physical Laboratory building control systems TES were awarded the contract for new Packaged Transformers & Rising Main Units for three buildings within the laboratory; AQML Building, AQML Science and Building 2 Science. The Contract Works included:
- Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of 3no. Packaged Transformers and Rising Main Units;
- 2no. 315KVA Oil Filled TX C/W RN2c-T1 & 400A/1 Way MCCB Cabinet;
- 1no. 500KVA Oil Filled TX C/W RN2c-T1 & 400A/2 Way MCCB Cabinet;
- 9no. Form 4 Type 6 Switchboards;
- 5no. Singleline Bypass ATS’s;
- 18no. Bespoke Distribution Boards c/w Isolation Transformer’s & Filters;
- 1no. Generator Load Bank;
- Factory Acceptance Test;
- Delivery, Installation and SAT commissioning.